Ken-Dee Marshes Nature Reserve


#DaysOut: Yesterday I made the most of the decent weather and visited Ken-Dee Marshes Nature Reserve near to Castle Douglas.  It was a lovely afternoon, just being able to take in all the wildlife around.  If you're in the area (Dumfries & Galloway has been voted Countryfile 'Holiday Destination of the Year 2015/16!') and fancy a nice walk in the countryside, and the opportunity to get up close to some fantastic wildlife, definitely consider Ken-Dee Marshes.

Highlights were a close up view of a beautiful woodpecker, as well as seeing a cormorant in the distance.  I also heard the call of a Redshank (I was informed of this by another person in the hide) which I had never heard before.  I was surprised by how noisy the birds were, but there again there were an awful lot of birds all gathered in one place - geese, seagulls, swans, ducks and 'garden birds' among other types of birds!

Here are some of the pictures that I took on my visit.  Some of them aren't of great quality as I was at full zoom on my camera, but there are some that I am quite proud of.

















I saw these on the way home and couldn't resist getting a quick photo of them!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018.

Nailsxo World Cup Nails 2014 - Nigeria