My Big Weekend

Radio One's Big Weekend ~ Ideal Home Show
24th - 26th May, 2014
Picture Heavy Post!


I had an amazing weekend, but I'm extremely tired now!

Day One
Friday

An early start for a trip up as far as Hamilton, with my mum & brother, then I continued on to Glasgow, where I was meant to meet my friend Suzie (but she never appeared! But at least I got to have chilli cheese bites while I was waiting! I also spied Tiƫsto loitering backstage and could see everybody getting ready for Friday's Big Weekend show!), then I went to Milngavie to meet Hannah, before we went back to hers, via Stirling Tesco - You could say I was very well travelled!!

My nails for the weekend!
(I probably should have done another layer of green!)



In Tesco, I managed to find a magazine I have been looking for, and I got two, because of the free nail polish - the things we do for polish!!

£2.50 each with InStyle magazine.  RRP £11 each!
Day Two
Saturday
Another early start, and it was back to Milngavie, where I had a lovely cooked breakfast and relax while Hannah was working.  Then it was a dash for the train, so that we could get to Glasgow in time for One Direction - yep, not ashamed to say that I really wanted to see them!  We didn't make it for the start, but by the time we had got through security and ticket checks, we saw the last 2 songs.

The acts we saw were:
Lorde
Wilkinson
Katy B
Twin Atlantic
Clean Bandit
Example
One Direction
Pharrell Williams
Jake Bugg
Lily Allen
Ed Sheeran
Calvin Harris
Coldplay

We heard:
The Kooks

It was absolutely amazing!  There were three stages, with acts playing all the way through, but we managed to work it so we saw at least half of most sets, seeing full sets from a few of the artists.  We split our time between the Main Stage and the In New Music We Trust Stage.  I'm sure the acts on the Introducing Stage were awesome also, however, there just wasn't the time to catch any of them!!  We also managed to have a few nice wee sit downs (even during a couple of the acts in the In New Music We Trust Tent!) - I don't think we would have lasted if we had had to stand for 10 hours straight!!

Here are a selection of photo's from the day (they aren't in order because I took them on my phone, ipod and camera and there are so many to sort into an order!):

Me & Hannah
(We obviously don't look
our best after being subjected
to rain, wind, sun, cold and a
very long day!)
Wilkinson
Coldplay
Nick Grimshaw & Fearne Cotton
Panoramic shot of Glasgow Green (at dusk).
Niall - 1D
Harry - 1D
Fellow Doonhamer, Calvin Harris!
Example
Jake Bugg
Day Three
Sunday

Today we didn't have to get up quite so early as Hannah only had one hour of work!  I still had plenty of time to have another nice cooked breakfast to set me up for the day though.  Again, we managed to work it so we saw as many acts as possible.

We saw:
Gorgon City
Sam Smith
London Grammar
You Me At Six
Sub Focus
The Vamps
Rita Ora
The 1975
Tinie Tempah
Paolo Nutini
Katy Perry

We heard:
Kasabian
Klaxons
Kings of Leon
John Newman

They announced the official number one on the main stage, and it was Sam Smith - who we had not long just seen perform on the In New Music We Trust stage.

Here are some photo's from the Sunday (again, not in order!):

Paolo Nutini
Katy Perry 
Tinie Tempah 
Sam Smith - he was really good!
Bastille
Rita Ora
Day Four
Monday

Day four started with a lie in, then a film - Dr Dolittle:  Million Dollar Mutts.  I packed, and then we headed to Glasgow for the Ideal Home Show.  There was quite a lot to see, but we were both rather tired to keep walking round.  So we had some ice cream, and went to watch one of the live shows.  We decided to watch the Capital FM Quiz, we weren't sure what it was going to be like, but it sounded good.  While we were waiting for it to start, someone came and asked us if we wanted to be involved in the show.  After some thinking we decided to go for it and be involved.  Little did we know we would have to go up on stage!!  Luckily it wasn't too taxing, and we were handed cards, one of which said winner - which I had!  I won a One Direction DVD, and some M&M's, whilst everyone else who took part also got chocolate!

My DVD
Did you go to the Radio One Big Weekend?  Did you listen on the radio?  Who would you love to see live?  Did you go to the Ideal Home Show?

I will probably upload more pictures tomorrow, as I still have some to sort out!
#DaysOut

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018.

Nailsxo World Cup Nails 2014 - Nigeria