Sunday, 7 May 2017

,

Down by the Loch.

On my way home from work the other day, I stopped at a couple of laybys to take some pictures.  There was no one else about (apart from a car - but I could see no people!), and it was really quiet apart from some birds and sheep/lambs!

This first lay by is just off the road, right next to the loch, and surrounded by trees, so I found it a little eerie being there by myself, especially with the birds making noises.  I'm such a wuss, but I get creeped out easily when surrounded by trees. 

A little bit further down the road from the first layby was the second.  This one is right next to the road and a bit further from the water.  I spent longer here!  It is a shame that there is a car parked down by the water (laziness by a fisherman - or woman!! - I'm presuming!).  As you can see, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful late afternoon/early evening.

In between taking the picture above and the picture below about 20 red kites suddenly and quite silently appeared from the trees to the left of the picture, which is very close to the first lay by I stopped in.  I'm quite glad I wasn't still there as that would have been even more eerie!  These birds have wingspans of 2 metres, so aren't small!  The kites didn't stay for long and were soon circling over the trees on the far side of the loch and then disappeared as quickly as they appeared.


The photo below looks like it could be a timelapse of a kite circling, but it's just seven kites in one picture.  Six of the kites are obvious, but can you spot the seventh?


I could have stayed and enjoyed the sun and the view for a long time - it was really peaceful and quiet, and a great way to unwind after work.
Share:

8 comments:

  1. Oh these photos are absolutely gorgeous Emma! I love the sunshine in these and all of the beautiful greenery here. What a lovely way to end the day, and what a view too! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I know the countryside is beautiful, but I find it even more beautiful in the glorious sunshine. Sure was a good way to unwind after work! x

      Delete
  2. Really beautiful photos - looks like a lovely day, the sunlight and the colours really are wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so nice and peaceful. I love it when you get a lovely blue sky, it goes nicely with the green fields/trees. x

      Delete
  3. I am having serious wanderlust at the moment and these incredible pictures, only want to make me explore more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to come back across and say thank you for all of the wonderful comments you've been leaving me lovely! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥