Sunday, 9 April 2017

Crafty Creations: Button Pictures


I thought I would share some of the button pictures I have done over the last year and a half.  I've included simple descriptions of how each picture is composed.

Black Cat:  Canvas Background

Anchor: Card Background on Printed Paper

Pink Rabbit: Card Background on Printed Paper

Blue Rabbit:  Card Background on Tartan Paper

Sheep: Card background on card

Black Stag: Painted background on card
Ballerina: Canvas board background (second button picture I did, as a Birthday present for my mum).

Fox: Card background on Card

Squirrel: Card background on patterned paper
Belted Galloway: Card background

Black Stag: Painted background on canvas board


Hedgehog: Card background on patterned paper

If you fancy making your own button art, you could start with a small canvas.
Print out an outline of whatever you want your shape to be, cut it out and draw round it faintly in pencil.
You could fill in the outline with paint if you are doing all one colour of buttons (making sure you don't splash) or you could just go ahead and start sticking the buttons on.

Which is your favourite?  If you have any questions feel free to ask!



Share:

12 comments:

  1. I love your button pictures Emma they look fantastic! I really can't decide which one is my favourite. They are all beautifully presented too and the bunnies are perfect for adding decoration to a child's bedroom. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you so much! Yes, that's what I thought when I has finished the bunnies :) x

      Delete
  2. These are amazing! It's hard to pick a favorite, although I am kind of in love with the fox. Cute! #Makeitlinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! The fox is one of my favourites! :) x

      Delete
  3. Wow these are amazing. I loved the rabbits till I saw the sheep. #MakeItMonthly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D ! The sheep is quite fun! x

      Delete
  4. I love these so much! I've made something similar before, but on a much smaller scale! I love all of these, but especially the fox. Where do you buy all of your buttons? #MakeItLinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !! :D the fox is definitely one of my favourites! Ebay... haha can't beat a good ebay binge. Although The Range has good button packs too, and they very often have branded buttons which I love looking through when I get a new packet! x

      Delete
  5. Oh I love these! You are so clever!
    I can't decide between the fox and the black cat as a favourite... or the squirrel! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you!
      The cat took quite a long time to do!
      I was really pleased with how the fox turned out. x

      Delete
  6. Just starting to get back into blogging and replying to all of the comments on my last few posts, so sorry this is so late! I adore these Emma, especially that two bunnies, squirrel and the stags, they look so good. I've only used buttons as small decorations on cards before but never thought about using them on a canvas to create a piece of art, so I really like this. I'll have to follow your instructions and try and make one! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all! Thank you :) !
      Ohh you should definitely try! If you need any help or tips, just ask! x

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥