Friday, 3 February 2017

Andy Murray Live '16


Back in September 2016 at the Hydro in Glasgow, Andy Murray held his first 'Andy Murray Live' event, with proceeds being split between Unicef and Young People's Future.

Before the first match, Judy Murray and Leon Smith were on court giving young tennis players some coaching.  The first match of the day was Andy Murray v Grigor Dimitrov.  This was followed by Andy & Jamie Murray v Tim Henman & Grigor Dimitrov.  There were various substitutions during the doubles match - Gordon Reid, Gary Tank Commander, Gregor Townsend and Ally McCoist all featured, and during the match all players wore microphones which was insightful and entertaining!

The atmosphere was great, people had bought handmade signs in, and around the Hydro there were inflatable tennis ball sticks being given out - you know, the ones you bang together and they make a noise?  Lorna and I were near the back of the Arena, but we were almost right in the middle of the court and the view was really good.  It did mean though, that all the pictures I took were a bit zoomed in so lost a little quality.

It was such a great event to attend.  It was also my first live tennis match - so that is another sport to tick off the list of watching live!  I will definitely be going again in 2017!

Here are some of the photos I took:

Andy Murray

Grigor Dimitrov







Andy & Jamie Murray v Tim Henman & Grigor Dimitrov


Grigor Dimitrov in a kilt!


Tim Henman




Tim Henman's turn to wear the kilt!


Gordon Reid

Share:

2 comments:

  1. Argh, I'm sorry it's been a while since I've visited your blog, I hope you're well? This is so cool, I've not been to a live tennis event yet, but I can imagine the atmosphere is amazing and how cool to be able to watch it live as well, and how brilliant that the event gave back to charity too. Your shots are brilliant! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I've not been very good at commenting the past week or two. Time just keeps getting away with me! I'm good thank you, I hope you're okay too 😃.
      Yeah I'm so happy to tick another sport off my live list 😄, and it sounds like it's going to be an annual event, so looking forward to this year's event! Thank you 😘 x

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥