Wednesday, 28 December 2016

, , , ,

#NOTD: Turquoise / Snowflake


For these nails, I used all gel polish.
Base Coat: gdi Base Coat
Green: Elite 99 Spring Green - three coats
Silver: RS Nails 289 - two coats
White: Bluesky Snow White - three coats
Top Coat: Candy Coat Super Shiny No Wipe Top Coat

For the snowflake I used a nail art brush and used only one coat of the green polish. and then added a little of the silver polish.

In real life, the polish looked slightly more similar to the image below.  You can see that a little clearer on the snowflake.  If anyone knows of a polish which is super close to the colour of the outside edge of the wheel rim, please let me know!


Yes, this is a wheel rim.  It is one from Lewis Hamilton's car during the 2014 F1 World Championship (the year he won his .  I still can't believe that J bought this!  You may or may not know that we have very different views on Lewis Hamilton... he's J's favourite driver, whereas I'm not a fan!  Even though I'm not a fan of Hamilton, I'm strangely enthusiastic about this wheel rim!  It's pretty awesome that it is from one of his actual cars he used during the season, and there aren't too many of these about.
Share:

3 comments:

  1. I love the designs on your nails, the colours are so pretty and how cool that you got one of Hamilton's wheel rims too, I love the colour! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Yeah it'll make a nice conversation piece! 😄 And yeahhhh it's a lovely colour x

      Delete
  2. Cute mani. I like it a lot :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥