Sunday, 31 January 2016

, ,

When Colours Collide - Green & Purple


You may have seen that I recently joined a Facebook group with challenges every other week.  The last prompt (and the first one I took part in) was 'Pink & Grey' and you can find my offering HERE.  The prompt this time around was 'Green & Purple' which are two colours I don't think I have ever put together before.  I was pleasantly surprised with how well they paired up.

The two colours I used were: Cynthia Rowley - Un-named Green and LA Colors - Fun In The Sun.

Fun In The Sun is a lovely purple and dried to a slight matte finish, and I used two coats.  I used one coat of the Cynthia Rowley green, which is quite a thick opaque polish so perfect for using with vinyls - which work best with one coat and the instant removing of the vinyl.  I removed some of the sticky from the vinyls by sticking them to my hand first, which seemed to work quite well as the polish didn't peel up when I removed them.  I was far too impatient to wait ages to make sure the purple was rock hard dry.



I then added a coat of Sarah Smiles 'Ring Master'.  I am obsessed with adding this polish to everything recently... it is my very own 'Fairy Dust'!

All the pictures show my nails indoors, with flash (unless stated).



The nail vinyls I used can be found HERE.  Such a good price for a fantastic selection.  I do love eBay.



With flash, daylight.
No flash, daylight.
To check out all the other fabulous Green & Purple creations, check out #WhenColoursCollide on Instagram/Twitter.  If you are interested in joining in, come and join us over on Facebook.
Share:

4 comments:

  1. Great combo. I do like these together and the glittery topper too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Emma! Tania xx taniamichele.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Tania! I loved them much more than I thought I would! :) Xx

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥