Monday, 8 June 2015

Chennai Super Kings 2015

For anyone who doesn't know, I developed an interest cricket, specifically the Indian Permier League in 2013.  Read my previous post here.

Source BCCI

The team I support is Chennai Super Kings.  CSK made it through to another IPL Final this year, for the eighth time in a row - or should I say, making it to the play-offs every year since the inception of the Indian Premier League.

CSK have won the IPL trophy twice, in 2010 and 2011.

Sadly I haven't been able to watch any of the IPL action this year, as SKY have taken over the television rights from ITV.  I'm pretty annoyed with SKY, as first they take away Formula One from me, and then they take away the IPL.  I have had to rely on watching live scoring updates on the IPL app, which I must say is a fantastic app, with ball by ball updates - a must for any IPL fan.

Back to the cricket...

This is what the IPL table looked like before the play off matches:

POSTEAMPLDPTS
Q
CSK
1418
Q
MI
1416
Q
RCB
1416
Q
RR
1416
5
KKR
1415
6
SRH
1414
7
DD
1411
8
KXIP
146

Chennai had some close matches - such as when they defeated Kolkata Knight Riders by 2 runs, and Delhi Daredevils by just one run - and they also had some emphatic victories - such as beating Kings XI Punjab by 97 runs.  In the end they won 9 matches, and lost 5.

This is how the play off matches ended:



Qualifier 1
19/05/15
162
vs
187/6


Eliminator
20/05/15
180/4
vs
109


Qualifier 2
22/05/15
140/7
vs
139/8

(Courtesy of IPLT20.com)

The final between Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians mirrored the result of the 2013 final, when Mumbai Indians defeated CSK by 23 runs.

They may have lost the final, but they did come out of the IPL season with the purple cap, thanks to Dwayne Bravo taking 26 wickets over the course of the season.

Thanks to finishing as runners up in the 2015 IPL, Chennai Super Kings, along with champions Mumbai Indians and third placed Royal Challengers Bangalore, will represent the Indian Premier League in the Champions League T20, held in September/October 2015.  Chennai Super Kings are the current Champions!



Roll on Champions League T20 2015 and IPL 2016!  Whistle Podu for CSK.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥