Sunday, 7 December 2014

D&G Council Civic Reception / Glasgow 2014

Last night I attended a Civic Reception in Dumfries celebrating volunteers, athletes and baton bearers for Glasgow 2014 from the region.  It was a lovely evening, and I felt quite special as I was mentioned in the presentation, and one of my pictures was on the front of the programme for the evening!

I didn't have a chance to take many pictures, as it was quite jam packed with presentations, speeches, a quiz and a food break!  Here are the few pictures I did take:

Look, there's me!  I didn't even notice for a while until I saw it out the corner of my eye!!

I was placed on the Canadian table - very apt (as I was CGA Assistant to team Canada!).


The only picture of me on the night.

A quick snap I managed to get of the wonderfully decorated cake while I was in the (fast moving) food queue!



All the volunteers and baton bearers who attended last night were given a beautiful engraved glass, something I will definitely treasure!

605 people from Dumfries and Galloway applied to be Clyde-Siders.  Only 118 people were selected.  For that I am immensely proud of myself and grateful for the opportunity I was given.  Thank you Glasgow 2014, and thank you Dumfries & Galloway Council.


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥