Sunday, 28 September 2014

The Red Kites Are Back!

Ever since I returned from the Commonwealth Games, the Red Kites haven't been too active.  Before I left, they had been out and about every single day without fail for a good few months.  It was quite a relief when I heard them calling the other afternoon, and caught sight of three of them.  They soon disappeared though, but it was good to see them again.  I managed to snap this picture of one of them with my new camera.  I'm still trying to get used to the camera, however, I quite like the way this photo came out.  It almost looks a little arty.  This red kite isn't Mossy, or his female companion... so maybe, an offspring?  It looked like there were some feathers missing on both wings and the tail (symmetrical, so I'm thinking yet to develop??). Here's hoping it's a baby kite for Mossy, as that would be nice!

*Click picture to enlarge.
Share:

2 comments:

  1. Amazing photograph :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I have followed you on Bloglovin, and I am just heading over to check out your blog :) x

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥