Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Hello, July.

Oh what a month July shall be!

4th July Onwards - 'Moving' to my Games Time Accommodation.
So soon! I have my first shift on the 8th July, however, I shall be moving up to my Games Time accommodation a little early, as I am going to see Hannah carrying the Baton for the Commonwealth Games.

5th July - Hannah Carrying The Baton!
My friend Hannah is going to be part of the Queen's Baton Relay, so I'm going to go and support her!  It will be nice to watch the relay, as when I saw it in Castle Douglas, I was a steward so couldn't enjoy it quite as much.

8th July Onwards - Commonwealth Games!!
You are probably fed up of hearing about this on my blog - sorry but there will be more posts to come after the Games have finished - but I finally start my shifts as a Clyde-Sider!  I am based in the Commonwealth Games Village which is going to be pretty cool, although it is really big so I hope I don't get lost too often!


19th July - Opening Ceremony Rehearsal.
As a volunteer perk, this is really cool.  Glasgow 2014 are showing their appreciation by giving out tickets to the volunteers for the Opening Ceremony rehearsals.  As I don't have tickets for the actual Opening Ceremony, to get a preview of the night will be fantastic!

22nd July - BBC Radio One Breakfast Show LIVE.
The BBC are holding lots of events at The Quay in Glasgow to coincide with the Commonwealth Games.  I was lucky enough to get tickets to the Breakfast Show in the ticket ballot.  What is great is these tickets are free!  It will be great seeing Nick Grimshaw and whoever his sporting and musical guests are!  I'm super excited about this!

30th July - Athletics!
I have one set of tickets for the Commonwealth Games.  Luckily I am not on shift, so I can go.  It will be fantastic to attend the athletics at Hampden, and it will be so weird to see it not as a football pitch!  Hopefully I can get a few good pictures.  I can only imagine that the atmosphere is going to be buzzing. 
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥