Sunday, 1 June 2014

Hello, June.

My June looks a little like this:

9th June - Glasgow!
Apart from having to go there and back in one day, meaning 4 hours on the bus, I am really looking forward to this quick trip to Glasgow.  Katherine from the media day I did (more coming about this when I publish my Clyde-Sider posts after the Games!) is also coming up to Glasgow, and Linsday (also media day) is too, so it will be nice to hopefully meet up with them again.  Once I'm done with what I need to do (something very exciting, I promise!) hopefully I will have time to go and pop in Poundland to see if they have any new JESS polishes, maybe visit Burger King for some chilli cheese bites (someone else please tell me that they are addicted to them too!  Living miles and miles away from a Burger King means I have to make the most of trips to Glasgow!), and also see The Big G (the new sculpture in George Square ready for the Commonwealth Games).


10th June - Steward Training.
I am going to be a steward when the Queen's Baton Relay passes through Dumfries & Galloway, because I could not pass up this opportunity to be part of something else Commonwealth Games related.  I need to attend an orientation and training session, which is at my old High School!  I actually haven't been back there since I left in 2008.  I am really hoping that I get a fluorescent vest to wear!

14th June - Venue Specific Training.
Exciting stuff! Apart from the bus journey (again!).  I am going to be based at the Commonwealth Games Village, so that is where my role specific training will be taking place.  The Village will be even more complete since I last saw it, so it will be good to revisit it and become acquainted with it.  It's over a really big site, which apparently takes around 25mins to walk between either end, its quite crazy to think that it is so big!  I will then be back in less than a month to start my actual Clyde-Sider role!  Scary how fast time is going.

19th June - Queen's Baton Relay in Dumfries & Galloway!
Dumfries and Galloway welcome the Queen's Baton Relay to the area!  I will (hopefully) be donning my fluorescent bib and making sure to do my stewarding duties properly, as well as seeing the baton and the baton bearer/s!  I may even get to see my old friend Clyde!  It will also be interesting to see if any of the QBR Frontrunners I know are doing the Dumfries & Galloway leg of the tour.

21st June - Scottish Rally Preview Day Volunteering.
I don't really know what I'm going to be doing, but my friend Claire knows I am into my sports and has asked me to help... so I'm helping out in some way or other!  Another sport to gain some more knowledge of!

26th/27th June - Scottish Rally Volunteering.
Again, I don't actually know what I am going to be doing.  I know that I am helping out over the two days.  I'm sure it will be great fun!  I always love watching the rally cars going by my house in between stages of the various rallies which take place in Dumfries & Galloway, so it will be cool to see what goes on behind the scenes.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥