Saturday, 3 May 2014

#HePicksMyPolish - April

#HePicksMyPolish
April


These polishes were again picked by my boyfriend, Jamie.  Bless, he got a little stressed because I rushed him!  He said he is very into pastel colours at the moment, so that influenced his picking.

He picked:

High Brow (Purple)
Outdoor Girl - Coral Pink (Peach)
Rimmel - Sweet as Sugar (Blue)
Personally, I don't think the 'coral pink' has any hint of pink in it whatsoever!

I immediately thought I would do dots for at least part of this manicure.  I don't think I have done a full nail of dots before (correct me if I am wrong haha!).  I am really pleased, especially with my index finger - the blue and purple look really lovely together.  I am also impressed with the smaller dots on my middle finger.  I did both with the same dotting tool.

For my ring finger and pinky, I picked up my fan brush (is it even called that?) and just started painting!  I have not used this brush before so thought I'd give it a use.  I actually quite like the look i achieved.  It reminds me of feathers.

Without flash - poor light.
With flash.

Without flash - slightly better light!

I think these three pastels go quite well together, especially the blue and purple.  I initially wasn't too keen on the orange being in there too, but once I got the colours on my nails, I was happy enough.  I used a white base coat under all my nails, as in the bottles the polishes looked really pale, and I think it makes them pop - well it does in real life anyway, my pictures are a bit crap. 

In the future I am going to do a whole manicure incorporating the blue and purple and dots, because I love it so much.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

Take a look at the other fantabulous manicures which were done as part of the #HePicksMyPolish April challenge:



An InLinkz Link-up

I have just started my new website, http://www.freewebstore.org/Addicted2Sparkle I will be uploading loads more products in the next week... so if you are into jewellery making or crafts - check it out!  I will also be selling my own handmade jewellery on there soon too!  Exciting!
Share:

4 comments:

  1. He picked some pretty polishes! And high five for rocking the fan brush, that's such a cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did! I was impressed! They look so much brighter in person, I don't want to take them off haha! Thanks, didn't really know what I'm 'meant' to do with it, so I just did the first thing that came into my head! X

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥