Sunday, 23 March 2014

#HePicksMyPolish - March

From The Sparkle Queen

This is the first #HePicksMyPolish I have officially done.  Excited to be part of this, however, not as excited as I think Jamie is! Haha. My 'He' is my boyfriend, Jamie.

He picked:

Sally Hansen HD - Pixel Pretty
Sinful Colors - Courtney Orange
B&M Metal Nails - Silver

He picked the orange & green because they "were colours that caught his attention". He had a bit of difficulty deciding on his third colour, and plumped for the silver in the end, because, "he likes it against the metallic orange".

I used a dotting tool for the dots, and Nail Vinyls for the zig zags. The B&M silver wasn't the best for use with the nail vinyls as it went on thick and quite dryly, so came up at the edges even though I took the nail vinyls off straight away, and carefully.  One good layer of top coat smoothed it out quite well though.  The top coat I used was InVogue - Pro Formula Diamond Top Coat. The Sally Hansen sure does sparkle in this rare sunshine that is happening right now!!

I was a bit like "Hmmmmm :/" when he was telling me the colours - not least because the last manis I have done were mostly orange and green for the #GetLucky nail art challenge!  But... I really like the silver with the orange and green, and I'm quite impressed with the way my nails turned out!! 




Share:

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post. Great post! x

    http://allaboutamazingalex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma this is such a lovely mani love the colors used they match well great job :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were colours that I wouldn't have thought of putting together for a normal Mani, but I like how they turned out :) ! Xxxx

      Delete
  3. Oh I love how these turned out! Your lucky, your boyfriend has an eye for color pairing! I think the orange and silver look superb together, and that Pixel Pretty goes so well too. Glad you joined in this round :) I can't wait to hear what he picks out next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too! I don't think I would have chosen these myself to go together, so this challenge is a success already haha! :) so, thanks! I'll tell him that, he'll be very chuffed with himself!! I can't wait either, he informs me it's going to be colours that he thinks go well together! X

      Delete
  4. This challenge is so fun. Love you mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great color combo!! Love how your mani turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥