Saturday, 22 February 2014

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Week 4 - #NailArtWeeklyProject - Birth Month



Ohhh, it's week four of the Nail Art Weekly Project - the second last week, it's gone really quickly, feels like New Year wasn't that long ago!  The topic/prompt for this weeks nail art was the month of your birth.

My birth month is August.

Picture from Wikipedia
I went for my birth stone, which is Peridot (right).  I wish it was something other than a green stone haha as green is a colour which I don't really like. I decided to try the cling film technique again to see if I could improve on the last attempt. I think I am getting better (apart from on my index finger where I managed to create a big hole in all the polish right in the middle!).  I also opted for this method as because I don't like green much, I have a limited selection of green polishes and didn't have the 'perfect' peridot colour, so decided to mix up a darker green, yellow, black and a neon green and this was one of the best ways to do that.


I figured that I didn't want to leave it blank (mainly because of the hole) so I found some gems I've not used before and placed them on in a diamond shape. I then added a black chevron to my ring ringer, along with some more gems. I kind of wish I'd not used the black and just used the gems. But as much as I dislike green, and am not too impressed with the black, the morning after I did my nails, I started to like them a bit more! Weirdly, they looked better when viewed in the mirror - I don't know why, they just did.

Here are some pics of my nails:

This is probably my fav pic I took of this, even though it's not the finished thing.



Here are some pictures I edited and added frames to:



Share:

2 comments:

  1. these are so pretty! i love the green :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It grew on me a bit haha :) (Barry M Neon Green) xx

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥