Friday, 7 February 2014

, , , , , , , , ,

Week 2 - #NailArtWeeklyProject - TV/Film



The second topic for #NailArtWeeklyProject is TV/Film. (This is quite a long post with pictures!).  I have loads of TV shows that I love, and many films I could choose from... Eeeek.  I dislike decisions a LOT!  This topic means that I need to a) make a decision and b) be creative/use my imagination.  Firstly I came up with a shortlist...

My shortlist went like this (in no order):
  • How To Train Your Dragon
  • Broadchurch
  • Miranda
  • Match of the Day
  • Casualty
So, here's what I chose to do for my TV/Film nails:

Casualty:

This was the only one on my shortlist that I could think of something to do which could be done on all my nails.

I've watched Casualty on a Saturday night for as long as I remember.  Whilst on the subject of Saturday night TV - Does anyone remember 'Bugs' that used to be on on a Saturday night? It was awesome but anytime I ask someone about it they don't remember it :( - I do get a little scared sometimes as I know something's going to happen to people, e.g. someone's shown driving a car and not concentrating, I know that there's a high chance that something bad is going to happen to them haha.  But apart from that, it's a nice show to sit and relax watching.

I did a gradient - my first in ages - with a High Brow polish in light blue and 17 True Blue.  Then added a coat of NYC 140 (it's too thin to be used as an actual colour!), it's a sort of pearly white, and you cant really see that i used it on this mani, although it gave the gradient quite a nice shine.  Then on top of that I drew lines resembling an ECG reading - which appear in the title sequence of the show - in a red Technic nail art pen.





This is the title sequence it was based on:


And because I couldn't resist trying these...

Here is a nail for Miranda:

I love watching Miranda.  I have watched her shows so many times, and they never get old.  She is pretty much a walking disaster, anything that could go wrong, will.  It is definitely my sense of humour.   I just did a simple 'M' like the one in the title sequence of her show using Rimmel Black Cab as a base with a white nail art pen on top.



Picture from Wikipedia.

And a nail for Broadchurch...


Picture from EntertainmentWise.
I absolutely loved Broadchurch, and it was amazing how well the secret was kept about who the killer was.  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.  It's so gripping!  Originally it was said there was not going to be a 2nd series, however, at the very end of the last episode of series one, it was advertised that "Broadchurch Will Return".  I am so excited to see what they do with the 2nd series, I just hope it that it isn't disappointing.

For the nail art, I took my inspiration from a place in the series that was visited many times, the main crime scene - which was ridiculously pituresque - (see the picture below) - the cliffs, beach and sea, with the addition of police tape.

I think my finished nail is very close to my idea!!
My two extra nails :)

So, does anyone else watch Casualty, Miranda or Broadchurch?
Share:

1 comment:

  1. cool mani love it :) I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check it out here, and send me your link in the comments when you have accepted, so I can see your answers to the questions. :)
    http://sassylittlenails37.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/hi-friends-i-was-recently-nominated-by.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥