Saturday, 1 February 2014

, , , , ,

Topic 3 - Once Upon A Time... - 2014BloggerChallenge

2014 Blogger Challenge time again!  Topic 3 is titled 'Once Upon A Time...', and the brief from Gaby is:
"I thought this time we could all post about a book... The book can be anything, by any author and you could have read it last week or had it read to you when you were a toddler, it really is up to you. Just share your most loved (or maybe hated) book"
When I was younger, I used to love reading (and being read to) and I used to read book after book, but nowadays I just don't seem to have the attention span!  No matter how good the story sounds, I start out with good intentions, but after a few nights of reading, I tend to give in.  The last book I actually finished was, Fifty Shades of Grey & Fifty Shades Darker... However, I did eventually give in towards the end of Fifty Shades Freed! I think the fact I managed to read two whole books was quite an achievement though haha!

However, I'm not going to talk about that book.... I was thinking more I'd share a book I loved as a child.

There are so many to choose from: We're Going On A Bear Hunt, the Katie Morag books, The Hungry Caterpillar, The Magic Key and Animal Ark to name a few series'/books that I can remember - I loved them all.

I must also mention Northen Lights, which I also found oh so captivating, and it totally stretched my imagination.  I had my own image of what everyone looked like, so it was a little weird watching the film.

I've decided to select the Animal Ark series out of those I just mentioned.  Just looking at pictures of the books takes me back to when I was younger.  I used to want to be a vet, and that was only enhanced by these books. As far as I can remember back, I have always loved animals.


The Brave Bunny - Little Animal Ark 4
Picture taken from Waterstones.com

The Animal Ark series was based around a young girl called Mandy, who was the daughter of a vet.  The surgery was called Animal Ark - okay I don't remember all the information, it was a long time ago when I read these books, I have had to use Google's help!

I do know though, that the books always had me gripped, and I was always good and never sneaked a peak at the end.  There was always an animal in trouble and the girl - Mandy (and her friend) - always ended up helping the animals, for a good old happy ending.

They did end up making a TV series of the books, and I vaguely remember watching them - I'm sure if I saw an episode again, the memories of watching it would come flooding back.  This has definitely made me want to go and search youtube for clips!!

I look forward to reading everyone else's posts!

I'd love to know if any of you remember the Animal Ark series, or any of the other books I mentioned!
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥