Thursday, 30 January 2014

, , , , , , ,

Week 1 - #NailArtWeeklyProject - An Item of Clothing/Outfit

I've decided to participate in another nail art challenge. This one was created by Danni @ Gingerbread Smiles. More can be found out about the #NailArtWeekly project here.


The first topic is an item of clothing or an outfit. This is the brief from Danni:

Choose an item of clothing or an outfit that you'd like to recreate on your nails. Can be something you own, you saw on a celebrity or on a fashion website. The possibilities are endless.

I was struggling to think of an item of clothing or outfit that I had, that I'd like to use as my influence, so I thought I'd check out some fashion show pictures.  I went on Vogue and found some interesting designs.  I chose these as I thought they'd be fun to recreate and I wanted to use my dotting tools.



These pictures were taken from www.vogue.co.uk and they belong to the Holly Fulton Spring/Summer 2014 collection.

The lighting is pretty bad in some of my pictures, I did this manicure a couple of weeks ago and forgot to check if I had good pictures of it before I redid my nails!  Oops.  I am pleased with how they turned out though, apart from the heart on my little finger where I should have used a smaller dotting tool.


little bit of an awkward hand pose here!


Take a look at the other people who are participating in the nail art weekly project here.
Can't blog about my Glasgow 2014 adventures yet (I do have a post all ready and waiting though!), but take a look at what I got up to when I volunteered at the London Olympics in 2012 here.
Share:

4 comments:

  1. Soo cute! :) xox

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh such a pretty manicure! Love that you could change the colours etc too! Gorgeous!

    I'm doing the challenge too, here's my first post http://www.emsypickle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/midweek-manicure-nailartweeklyproject.html xxx

    http://www.emsypickle.blogspot.co.uk/ | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/8590859

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! :)

      I had a look at yours - they're great!
      I also followed you on bloglovin'.
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥