Tuesday, 21 January 2014

, , , , , , ,

Liebster Award #2

How does the saying go?  You can wait ages for a bus and then two come at once...  I've never been tagged before, and now in a very short spcae of time I've been tagged for 2 Liebster Awards!  Yay!  My first one can be found here. My second nomination comes from Daisy @ DaisyDaisyXXO, if you haven't already, go check out her blog, it's got loads of great posts on beauty, fashion and lifestyle. 




Taken from my previous Liebster Award post, here is a description of what the Award is:

A Liebster Award is a way of discovering new blogs, increasing traffic to your own blog, gaining more followers and also finding out more about your fellow bloggers. It can be awarded to anyone who has under 200 followers.

Here are the rules:

  • Link back to the person who tagged you
  • Answer the questions they asked
  • Nominate 11 fellow bloggers who have less than 200 followers on Bloglovin'
  • Write 11 questions for these bloggers to answer


Here are the questions that Daisy asked, along with my answers:



1) Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging when I was at University and feeling a little low.  I used it as a way of getting things out my system and a way of keeping good memories that I could look back on. That was my first blog, which I have since made private and started my new shiny (happier) blog.  I started my new blog to help me not get bored while I'm searching for a job and keeping me from feeling isolated as I currently live in a tiny place with not many people, a long way from all my friends.  I'm really enjoying it, it's keeping me sane!



2) What has been your biggest achievement whiles blogging?
Ohhh, well I'm not really sure I have any achievements!  My old blog had over 26,000 views though, which I was quite pleased with considering it was mostly just a big ramble!

3) Favourite foundation?
My favourite foundation is my current one - Maybelline 24 Hour SuperStay Foundation.  I have tried so many foundations, but this one just suits my skin, it doesn't aggravate my skin and is also the perfect colour for me.  And it's also not expensive, which helps too!

4) Views on MAC cosmetics?
I don't own any MAC cosmetics at the moment, but whilst doing a bit of research for my previous Liebster post, I came across a product by MAC that seemed amazing. It's called MAC Fix +, I read a really good blog post on it (here), showing a few different ways it could be used. It is definitely on my to try list.

5) Favourite highstreet makeup brand?
Hmmm... tricky one!  All my main pieces of make up are from different brands, and I don't have a particular brand that I go to.

6) Favourite meal?
Now, I'm such a fussy eater but there are certain foods I love... so any meal containing Potato, Cheese, Stuffing or Bacon is sure to go down a treat. Followed by ice cream of course - YUM!

7) Do you dye your hair?
I've never died my hair. It's blonde, so I'd be afraid it'd never go back to its normal colour, and anyway I love my hair the colour it is (although I do sometimes wonder what I'd look like with different coloured hair haha).

8) Are you against animal testing?
Yes, I am. I love animals and it does make me quite sad hearing horror stories of animal testing.  I could quite easily go into a big rant about it, but it's probably best I don't haha.

9) What do you hope to of achieved in blogging by 2015?
2015.. hmmm, well hopefully I'll still be blogging, have loads of new posts, have taken part in more challenges, and maybe have gained a few more readers.

10) Skincare routine?
I have literally just written a post on my skincare routine (or rather lack of!) for the 2014 Blogger Challenge which can be found here.

11) PC or Mac? 

I have a PC which I haven't used in ages, and a laptop. However a Mac would be amazing to have!

Here are my questions:

  1. How long have you been blogging for?
  2. Where is your favourite place to blog (eg bedroom, train)?
  3. What do you use to do most of your blogging?
  4. What is your favourite thing to watch on tv?
  5. Do you collect anything?
  6. Do you have any pets?  What are they and what are they called?
  7. Which season do you prefer and why?
  8. What is the best make up tip you have heard or read?
  9. If you could only use 3 make up products for 1 year, which 3 would you pick?
  10. What is your favourite colour of nail polish to use and what is your favourite nail art technique (stamping, dotting tool, glitter etc)?
  11. What is your favourite brand of make up/nail polish?

I nominate:

Amanda @ Fledgling Nails
Nail Glaze @ NailGlaze
Sabah @ Extra Lucide
Nicole @ Nicoles Notes
Kaya @ Wiggy's Wardrobe!
Leah @ It's Leli
- I'll update the list if I stumble upon 4 more blogs! I've had this post written for ages in the hope that I'd find more people, but I think I've waited long enough now haha! -

Thanks again Daisy for nominating me, I really enjoy these types of post.
Share:

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing it hun! Randomly, it just came up on my Bloglovin' feed and I thought I'd have a read, and it turned out it was me who nominated you! haha.
    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's funny :) I had this written ages ago too. I was obviously meant to post it today haha. Thanks again for the nomination! xxx

      Delete
  2. Haha - I feel the same way about my hair! I'm a natural blonde too, and am afraid it will never be the same color again if I dye it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! I'd be gutted if I dyed it and it stained.

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, always great to read things like this & get to know a bit about the blogger. Congrats on 26k page views!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I checked out your bloglovin' and saw you had fewer than 200 followers so added you onto the bottom! So I look forward to reading your post if you decide to do one :) x Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. yaay congrats on getting nominated! and any meal with bacon is a winner in my book ;)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you again for the nomination <3 I know this took FOREVER to do and it's been practically a month, but I finally got my answers posted!
    http://fledglingnails.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for doing it :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥