Tuesday, 17 December 2013

, , , , , , , , ,

Glasgow World Cup Gymnastics 07.12.13

I had never been to a gymnastics competition before, but I do love sport, so thought I would go along.  I was pleasantly surprised, firstly my friend had got us really good seats, down near the front, and secondly I really enjoyed myself.  This was also the first event held at the Emirates Arena/Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome that I wasn't volunteering at, so it was a little weird being just a spectator.  I was amazed at how strong the gymnasts were, and also how graceful they were - far more graceful that I could ever be!  It was nice adding some more famous (and rising stars) sportspeople to the list of people I have seen 'live'.  I also saw Beth Tweddle, Matt Baker and Dan Keatings who were working for BBC at the event.

There were 8 female and 8 men competing.

Women
Vanessa Ferrari (ITA), Elizabeth Price (USA), Ruby Harrold (GBR), Carlotta Ferlito (ITA), Roxana Popa Nedlecu (ESP), Asuka Teramoto (JPN), Larisa Iordahce (ROU) & Raer Theaker (GBR).

Men
Oleg Verniaiev (UKR), Andrey Likhovitskiy (BLR), Fabian Gonzalez (ESP), Daniel Purvis (GBR) [Team Bronze @ London 2012 Olympic Games], John Orozco (USA), Sam Oldham (GBR) [Team Bronze @ London 2012 Olympic Games], Masayoshi Yamamoto (JPN) & Andreas Toba (GER).

The results were:

Women
1 - Larisa Iordache
2 - Elizabeth Price
3 - Vanessa Ferrari

Men
1 - Oleg Verniaiev
2 - Daniel Purvis
3 - Andrey Likhovitskiy

Here are some photos I took at the event:









 




Share:

2 comments:

  1. New follower from the 2014 blogger challenge. Can't wait to see what you have in store.
    Love Vicky
    http://aroundandaroundandupsidedown.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! followed you back :) x

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥