Tuesday, 3 December 2013

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Day 2 - 12 Days of Christmas Manis

Time for Christmas mani number 2!  The theme for December 3rd (day 2) is Snow/Winter.  I decided to go for snow, and do snowflakes.  It took me ages to decide what colours I was going to do, because my white nail art pen needs replaced, so I decided to do black snowflakes... I see it as an alternative Christmas mani...
After putting the shimmery top coat on top, I regretted it, and it was super hard to take pictures.  Luckily I took pictures before top coat, although it was also pre clean up, so a little messy!  I did these on the same night as I did day 1, so you will see the colour scheme is exactly the same.

The bases were Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear '350 Pink Punch' and LA Colors 'Fun in the Sun'.  I then added snowflakes with a black nail art pen from a Rio set, and some silver sparkle using Andrea Fulerton Stripe & Sparkle in 'Brooke'.  Then the top coat was Collection Top Coat Sparkle.  A special mention for the Sally Hansen pink.  I think it is gorgous, and dries sort of a shiny matte (does that make sense?), I think you can sort of see it in the first picture below, especially on my ring finger.  It was the first time I'd used this polish (apart from on Day 1's mani - which was as mentioned done on the same day as this one.) and I will definitely be using it again soon!

Here are some pictures of my snow nails... Sorry about picture quality (and lack of clean up on the pictures without the top coat!).

With flash.
Without flash.


My favourite nail is my thumb nail.

Take a look at what everyone else came up with for the snow/winter theme...

Share:

16 comments:

  1. I really like the alternative colour scheme-I imagine we're gonna have a lot of blue and white today so this will really stand out! I love your thumb too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm surprised myself that I didn't do blue as it's my favourite colour haha!

      Delete
  2. I love the colours and this mani is so refreshing and nice to see from the usual snowflakes colour schemes people use.well done! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab! As a pink lover I am in love with the colour combinations and thumb is my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with this sally Hansen pink, its so bright, and looked even more amazing before I put the shimmery top coat on! :)

      Delete
  4. Im so gald you used alternative colors. I didnt do a snowflake mani today because I thought we see a lot of them but the pink and black adds a refreshing twist to it. Nice job and the snowflakes too. They came out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! :) I love this pink with the black, it's like they were made for each other!

      Delete
  5. I love this! Definitely gives the whole snowflake theme a rock n' roll twist :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha I love that - 'a rock n' roll twist' ! :) xx

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love that you've done black snowflakes. It makes for a pretty gorgeous mani!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you! I love this pink with the black :)

      Delete
  7. My favorite part is the alternate color scheme!! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE these! The pink, purple and black trio is fantastic. I love seeing black snowflakes instead of the white, they really mix up the holiday nail standard :) Thanks for sharing them on the holiday link party!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thanks so much for your lovely comment! :) X

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥