Saturday, 25 May 2013

, , , , , , , ,

Cricket - IPL

So, one thing is for sure, I didn't ever envisage hearing myself say that cricket 'is exciting'.  I also didn't imagine rushing home in order to watch a certain team playing a cricket match.  But this is what has happened.

Introduced to the IPL by Jamie, and a specific team, Chennai Super Kings, I have grown very fond of them, and the sport over the past couple of months.

I think my favourite Chennai player has to be Dwayne Bravo, or 'Disco Dwayne' as I prefer to call him.  His dance moves when he takes a wicket is epic.  The whole team however, seem like really nice people, and good sportsmen.

One thing that makes Chennai Super Kings appealing is the fact that they have a wee dog as their mascot, like an actual dog.  He goes to all their matches - so cute!

I also love their kit.  It has a lion roaring on it, and I am always drawn to lions as I am a Leo.

While watching cricket, and seeing pictures of training etc, I have noticed how friendly most people seem.  The players (of teams who are playing each other) all train on the same pitch, and can be seen chatting away.  The fans all seem so enthusiastic also, and thousands go to each match.  Even when there is a chance the match may not be played, the fans all wait until the moment the final decision is made, even if that takes up to or over an hour.  Even when teams are performing badly, the fans still cheer every run they make, or every wicket taken.  

Another thing which I find exciting is the fact that the matches can be so close.  One team may look like they are running away with a victory, only for a batsman to come out and hit 6's and 4's and win the match.

Tomorrow sees Chennai Super Kings take on Mumbai Indians in the IPL Final (unfortunately I won't be able to watch, but i will be willing them on from Hampden and receiving updates from Jamie).

Anyway, Whistle Podu for Chennai Super Kings tomorrow!

Chennai Super Kings 2013

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I love reading your comments, and I appreciate every single one ♥